Swindon, England • Permanent • £50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
c£50k basic + Car Allowance (can be taken as cash) + Bonus + Package + other fantastic Benefits
Working nr Swindon, in beautiful brand new offices, floor to ceiling windows and a space that provides an excellent working environment!
Our well established client are looking to bring in a Solution Designer/Architect to work on major initiatives resulting in changes to in-house applications based on Java technologies as well as SaaS and 3rd party applications.
You'll be joining a team that work together to design and build IT solutions to support their own internal staff as well as for their clients. They are a cloud first organisation and make extensive use of SaaS and AWS solutions so experience in this area will be very useful. You'll be keeping up to date on key developments that could impact their systems as well as changes in tools, technologies or working practices that can be used to improve the services they deliver. You will be capable of creating and delivering clear presentations and to facilitate workshops to gain and agree requirements and solutions.
With exceptional interpersonal skills, you'll be driving architectural roadmaps and strategy, building and maintaining relationships with external and internal stakeholders whilst working with the wider technology and change teams.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a clear understanding of strategic business requirements as well as deliver the following artefacts as needed: Current and target architectures, Conceptual, logical and physical designs, Interface designs, taking account of functional and non-functional requirements
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding system designs and change requirements to drive the organisation's targeted business outcomes
- Understand the need for strong analytical and product skills, including a deep understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into an overall solution design
- Work closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative
- Work closely with Solution Designers and other Architecture disciplines to ensure requirements are clearly-understood and ratify all designs through the Technical Design Forum
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the application portfolio from future to current state
- Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture
- Own the relationship between the stakeholders, technology teams and support teams
- Challenge stakeholders on their assumptions of how they will successfully implement their ideas and challenge scope why this is needed
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, company car/car allowance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, annual bonus scheme and bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
This is a great opportunity and the hiring managers are ready to interview!
Recruitment Partnership are acting as an employment agency for the purposes of this vacancy